The User Analytics feature provides a centralized space to review high level user behavior trends. Publishers, AMs, and analysts can use this data to compare user behavior to benchmarks and optimize an app’s monetization strategy. User Analytics are available for Rewarded Video, Interstitial, and Banner ad units.
Where to find User Analytics
To view your User Analytics, go to Analytics➣User Analytics
The main view offers a high level snapshot of Daily Active Users, Daily Active Viewers, ARPDAU, ad viewer rate, and Impressions per DAU. You have the ability to filter to specific applications, countries, ad type, platforms, and adjust your timeframe so you can review performance trends over a given period of time.
Filters make it easier to find specific results and separate the rest of the data to simplify your report. With a diverse portfolio of multiple game genres spread between different countries, zooming in with filters allows you to review one title or geo at a time, which can be the key to understanding performance and building a plan to optimize a title.
- Apps – View reports only for specific apps, to isolate the data for certain apps or per app you monetize with MAS. You can choose to include or exclude certain apps
- Countries – View your apps’ performance based on geo and demographic
- Ad Sources – Understand the performance of a specific network. You can choose to include or exclude certain ad sources
- Date Range – Select any pre-defined range or create a custom date range
- Platform- Understand how your applications on iOS preform relative to Android.
User Analytics can be used to identify performance trends.
- Long Term Trends – valuable for QBRs, internal reviews, setting goals
- Show increase/decrease in DAU
- Increase/decrease in user value, drops in ARPDAU
- Seasonality trends
- Short Term Trends – identify spikes or drops in numbers
- Impact on DAU from an App Store feature
Browse Your Metrics
Supported metrics on the User Analytics dashboard
MAS provides deep insights into your app’s ad performance with a range of user metrics.
DAU – Daily Active Users, the average number of users who engaged your app.
ARPDAU – Average Revenue per Daily Active User, the total revenue divided by the total number of active users
Engagement Rate – The total number of engaged users divided by the total number of active user
Impressions/DAU – Impressions per Active User, the total of impressions divided by the total number of active users
Ad Viewer Rate - % of Daily Active Users who viewed an ad.
Click on each metric to see a dedicated graph.