MAS enables app developers to monetize their apps through mobile app advertising in the form of banner ads, interstitial ads, and rewarded video ads. The ads are integrated directly into the app experience and may complement the in-app economy to ensure a non-disruptive user experience and increased engagement. Ads are served from top network advertisers, and partners are paid each time their users interact with any of the ads in their app.
To monetize your app, create a mix of ad units to build a solid monetization strategy. Choose your ad units from MAS's portfolio of ad formats.
An interstitial ad is a full-screen static, video or interactive (playable) ad unit that offers users the option to exit and skip. They engage users with rich content at natural pauses in the app’s flow, ensuring minimum disruption to user experience while maximizing user engagement and revenue.
This is what an interstitial ad looks like:
Benefits of interstitial ads
- Engaging content
- Full-screen size
- Media content can be static, video or interactive
- Users who view the ads can receive in-app currency
- Positive UX
- Placement in natural transition points improves the overall user experience
Learn how to set up an interstitial ad.
Rewarded video is an opt-in ad unit that encourages users to watch a video in order to receive in-app rewards.
This is what a rewarded video ad looks like:
Benefits of rewarded video ads
- Increase revenue
- Rewarded video ads can increase your app revenue by 20% to 40%. Of all the mobile video ads, eCPM for rewarded videos is the highest.
- Increase in-app purchases
- Rewarded video encourages free users to make in-app purchases by giving them a taste of the premium features they’re missing. Users who watch rewarded video ads are 6x more likely to make in app purchases.
- Increase user engagement and retention
- Users prefer to watch reward video ads rather than pay for premium features. This allows them to continue playing your game for longer which increases retention, engagement, and LTV.
Learn how to set up rewarded video ads
A banner ad is a rectangular ad that is typically displayed on the top or bottom of the screen and remains in place for the entire user session. Banner ads can be static or dynamic.
This is what a banner looks like:
Banner advertising serves as an easy, quick, and cost-effective way to generate immediate interest. Banners are the oldest form of advertisement and can make an instant impression at a minimum cost.
Banner advertising should be used not only to pique the curiosity of prospects but also to help retain them by promoting brand awareness.
320 x 50: This ad size is the most common among mobile app advertisers, especially in hyper-casual games and non-gaming apps.
Banner will be centered at the top of the screen
Banner will be centered at the bottom of the screen
Learn how to set up banner ads in your app.